Old March 16th 09, 12:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Paul S

Default Why only ski Europe?

"MoonMan" wrote in message
Dymphna wrote:
The Alps are small compared to the Rockies.

But the resorts are so much smaller in the rockies! I'm just back from
"the biggest resort in the Rockies", Lake Louise and it has 10 lifts, how
many lifts has Tigne for example got?

Mmmm, not sure that I'd choose a resort by the number of lifts. In my
limited exposure to North American resorts there seems to be a completely
different arrangement of lifts versus runs compared to Europe. On the whole
each lift in America seems to lead to about 3 or 4 times as many runs.

It's a generalisation, but I'd say that more runs per lift indicates a less
busy resort. If you've got one lift feeding many runs then, inevitably, the
runs will be quieter - I'd say this is a good thing.

--
Paul S