Old January 8th 06, 03:16 PM

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 18:29:21 -0500, wrote:

Yes, life in the Pacific NW is shaping up to be miserable again this ski
year. 40+F here is Spokane yesterday at 9:00 a.m.

I think that I'll go the Red Mtn next weekend to watch their pathetic
base melt instead of watching the pathetic base at Schweitzer melt.
(It might be below freezing actually -- at least according to weather
Canada's long range predictions)

God -- I rode my Mtn bike yesterday.

I know that some of you have extra snow.

Please send it this way as I cannot sacrifice any more martinis per
night than I am now.

And now as I try to post this through my regular newsreader, I find that
Comcast seems to have dropped RSA and RSAM from its list of newsgroups.
WTF? That only adds to me general annoyance with the lack of snow. I
can still download and read but I cannot reply -- it tells me that no
such groups exist. Odd.

(yeah, just a lot of bitching, I know but a lack of snow makes that seem
reasonable)

Thinking snow (and drinking martinis)

Dave

.

Maybe all I needed to do was bitch a little more.

It was snowing 1"+ an hours for the first four hours of yesterday at
the local ski hill.

It is snowing a little bit in town today. My bike is hung up again.

I have my reservations for three nights at Red Mountain next week.

I decided to upgrade to Agent as the main newsreader.

Comcast seems to have found the newsgroups again.

My martini was excellent yesterday evening -- better because it was
actually snowing on the hill.

Has anyone been to Red Mtn this year? It looks like, other than some
condo development, that it is pretty much thesame as last year. IOW,
the massive development psot sale has yet to begin? I did notice that
they put in a "magic carpet" for the kiddies and it looks like they
are counting that as one of the lifts I hope it services some of
the trees off the Paradise side.

Dave M