Old January 14th 06, 02:24 AM

On 1/13/2006 12:08 PM, Mary Malmros wrote:
Chuck wrote:

Mary Malmros wrote:

Chuck wrote:

Mary Malmros wrote:

I doubt it was sponsors, really. I suspect it was in some measure
pressure from Marolt, and maybe a more personal plea from his coaches:
come on, guy, we know you could chuck it all tomorrow and be fine with
it, but it would make things a lot better for _us_ if we had a good
showing at this Olympics...

Marolt was getting "swamped" with phone calls from angry sponsors and
donors.

So he says. No numbers and no names, there.

By the way, Chuck, howzabout that Bode Miller skiing drunk, huh? He
said "wasted" so it meant "drunk", right?

Have you actually read his apology? Or are you just trying to interpret
his words for us again?

I've read what was published (and I hardly think you're in a position to
talk about interpreting words). I'll provide you with a quote, as follows:

"I want to come straight out and apologize to my family and friends and
also the people who have supported me along the way," said Miller.
"Because of the way I made those comments in the 60 Minutes interview,
it caused a lot of confusion and pain."

Any words in there about skiing drunk? Any words you can find in the
apology about skiing drunk?

I'll also point you once again to the Denver Post column in which Bode
made it clear he was talking about being hung over, not drunk.

Now, if you can come up with something to refute all that, please do so.
Otherwise, it might be past time for you to eat some words of your own.

If he was out to 2-3 am and drank a lot, then he was probably still
technically drunk ( 0.1 BAC) at race time.

Dan