Old February 24th 10, 02:30 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
outsideinmi

Default 100m sprint

so my was watching the sprints and he says "that's not a sprint dad, that's
a LONG race! why don't they have a 100m dash?"

good question? I've seen 100m dash races contested in some city sprint
events (Madison, Wi) but have they ever done it at world cup level?

I'd imagine Petter Northugg could rattle off one of the best 100m times in
the world then turn around and be in the top 5 in a 50k race too.

could Usain Bolt be among the world's elite in both events too? Not.

interesting the difference between skiing and running.
JKal.