Old December 3rd 05, 07:43 AM

One thing is for sure Andy. You will have fun!

I love it there. Of the three resorts I like Lake Louise the most, Sunshine
is also nice, especially if you're looking for fresh snow and very
challenging terrain. I thought I could handle it all. Sunshine proved me
wrong.

You may want to look for some more info at
http://www.jacksnest.com/ski/index.htm .

Enjoy your trip.

"Peter Riley-Jordan" wrote in message
Andy - you lucky so 'n so,

You must check-out the outdoor pool, trip up Sulphur mountain should also be
on your list (for the views over Banff).
Mount Norquay is not all that great but is close, At Lake Louise don't
forget the back bowls, they don't get anywhere near as much traffic as the
front.

A tri-area pass is most useful. Plenty of places to eat in town. I
honey-mooned in the Springs just before the refit, the views over the valley
are great, last visit we had a treat in the Spa, a day of massage and
luxury, Mr and Mrs Michael Douglas were there the day before us,take a walk
down to the river, falls will be frozen, did an excursion to ski-mobile near
Golden. BBQ at -15C was amusing. Also possible is the Canyon walk to see the
ice water falls.

The ski school at sunshine/ lake Louise is excellent.

A few images at:
http://www-staff.lboro.ac.uk/%7Esspb...004/index.html

Another place to visit is Lake Louise. You can use your Tri-area pass to get
to the ski area, then use the hotel shuttle bus to get to and fro. You can
do a great walk down the right-hand side of the lake (or across it!), you
can walk for a mile or two along the bank, or cheat and take the horse drawn
sleigh.

Enjoy yourself,

BTW we were booked into some rooms that were "done up" on a Scottish theme,
apparently the queen & Phillip stayed there when they opened the Calgary
winter Olympics way back when.... you remember "Cool Runnings".

And the film Misery Alaska was filmed in nearby Canmore.