Old December 11th 12, 06:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
The Older Gentleman[_2_]

Default Have skis got longer again?

Mike Clark wrote:

In message
Michael Chare mUNDERSCOREnews@chareDOTorgDOTuk wrote:

Have skis got longer again?

I have been using 165-168cm skis for the past few years and I find this
length very good. - I don't normally cross them!

I was looking in Snow and Rock and the skis they had were generally a
bit longer.

Depends on the type of skiing you want to do. Recreational piste skis
are generally shorter similar to either Freestyle or race Slalom or GS.
But off-piste, All Mountain or Freeride skis generally are medium to
long. My short touring skis are 172cm Freeride skis, previously I'd
skied lengths of 175 or 180, but the 172 although shorter are wider
underfoot so offer me a similar amount of floatation in soft snow.

Heh. I remember skiing on 210s, back in the 1970s.

--
Honda CB400 Four x2 Triumph Street Triple Ducati 800SS
Yamaha 660 Tenere Suzuki GN250, TS250ER x2