View Single Post
Old January 12th 10, 07:37 PM

First recorded activity by SkiBanter: Mar 2006
Send a message via MSN to Jan Gerrit Klok Send a message via Yahoo to Jan Gerrit Klok

I've not seen much, but my recent research tought me that the place I'd been to 2 times before, is actually the easiest accessible. Seefeld/Leutasch Olympiaregion, Austria. 37mins by train from Innsbruck airport. 2 hours from Munich main station, give or take (bypassing legendary Garmisch).

I can't speak for the level of tuition, but the trail system is great. One of the best for skating, but the classic seems better, as you can make tours all through the region, which skaters can't.
Super easy open field trails through long valleys, especially from Leutasch, and worldcup level ones, litterally, in Seefeld. Plus some entertaining ones, like the B11 Waldloipe which I posted a couple of videos of on youtube.

Both Seefeld and Leutasch have ski shops right next to the "start/finish" banners from which the trail system roll out.

If you get in touch with the local tourist office, they can help you affordable lodging, bed & breafast. I've found Austrians from Tirol to be quite cheerful. In Davos, it's XC heaven for sure, but they'll stare you down to return your greeting.
Ads