Old October 14th 11, 08:25 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

Default Ski transfers: Flaine

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 22:44:58 +0100, Colin Irvine
wrote:

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 21:09:35 +0100, PipL wrote:

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 09:35:43 +0100, Colin Irvine
wrote:

Heh. Pat refuses to fly Easyjet

Wimmin!

I've always thought her eminently sensible, and this just proves it.

, but doesn't mind the drive to Flaine,
easily doable in a day from Calais.

Hmm. I've driven to a stopover that was within a couple of hours of Flaine,
but further west, so probably a bit quicker direct, however, as I only cruise
at about 70-ish (else go deaf),

Get a less pikey car?

I'd have to take *really* early ferry to get
to Flaine before the apartment rental place closes.

Can't they arrange a later key pickup, given that as a regular
Flaine-ite you'd know where you were going?

Not helped by having to take slightly longer breaks as I travel solo.

Wuss.

Coming from Wearside, we stay overnight in the Ibis, Coquelles.

Yeah, in your case I'd have to say doing it in a single day would be a
bit too much. But I've done that a few times, my 'best' being Milton
Keynes to Tignes (so about 2hrs further than Flaine) in under 12 hours
door to door, and that was solo and with such bad weather (torrential
rain and wind) that for several hours I was unable to go above around
60mph.

Rest stops? Who needs them? Just stop for a pee when the pressure gets
too much, grab a sandwich and a coffee, back in the car and get going
again.

--
Ace
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk/