Old November 29th 07, 05:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

Default February Half-term - crowds

On Nov 28, 8:27 am, Colin Irvine wrote:
On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 11:57:01 -0800 (PST),
"
squeezed out the following:

Many thanks for the suggestions.
I've had a look around Italian resorts, and have found a pretty decent
deal to Sauze d'Oulx. £1170 in a catered Chalet for the pair of us.
(Most of the good prices to Cervinia and Selva di Gardena have gone by
now - we had to wait this late to book, unfortunately, but at least we
should get some decent skiing still).

Any advice as to Sauze d-Oulx would be gratefully appreciated.

Buy a weekly bus pass (unless you're close to the lifts). Beware the
link back from Sansicario unless you can ski blacks. Red 11 down to
the left from Sportinia is the perfect start to the morning.

--
Colin Irvine

Thanks, Colin.
We're now booked in at a hotel (Gran Bosco). All in, including lift
passes for the Milky Way, ski hire for the missus, and ski carriage
for me, £1400. I'm quite satisfied seeing as we left it so late.
Looking forward to the first chair up to Sportinia ...
:-)

Andy Cooke