Old March 27th 06, 01:28 AM

In article , Christine wrote:
On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:25:23 -0800, "Mike T"
wrote:

Unless you loosen your screws after riding and tighten them up before you
ride, you're going to suffer the same effect through the season, so removing
the bindings over the summer if you leave 'em on all season isn't going to
help much.

I ride one or two weeks every year, so keeping them tight for one week
at a time won't hurt much, I guess. Otherwise, I think you're right.

Thanks for the advice Christine & Mike, I had good fun this morning
removing my bindings. I have been glazing over ever since I started
riding when people started talking to me about stance angles, widths,
high-back angles, etc, etc. I had enough to worry about just finding the
right boots that fit!

So today I took the opportunity to play with the things I can tweak and
set on the binding front and found out that this isn't all that scary
really. It makes sense once I am actually tinkering. I kinda wish I had
done this mid-way through the season, however, as I have a few ideas of
things to alter and try out when the snow comes back.

Specifically, I have always wondered why I have been favouring my heel
edge for some reason. I figured that perhaps I just needed to practise
more on my toe edge. I discovered when I took my bindings off that they
are set back quite far to my heel side of the board, I wonder if this is
why I have a natural tendancy to ride on my heel edge? I guess it would
have been more effort for me to get on my toe edge?

Also, I note that my front foot was set at +15 degrees, and all the
literature I have subsequently absorbed over the last two days suggests
that for a novice I should be riding around +21 degrees?

Anyway, I am very excited about next season, I never thought I would
come out of the winter wishing the summer would get out of the way
quickly!

--
David Peacock -
http://quasicanuck.blogspot.com/