Old September 7th 04, 12:50 AM
Chet Hayes

"tlf" wrote in message news:cFwZc.11535$3l3.570@attbi_s03...
Just my opinion but if you care at all about the quality of the snow during
your month long stay, you should consider a Rocky Mt area..Jackson Hole, for
instance... If you just want to be in a place that has great off slope
entertainment, then Whistler is a good choice.

Good Luck!

"Doc G." wrote in message - Second question, I might have
one month to lose next winter
and I'm considering going to Whistler. Do you have any idea
of the minimal budget I would need ? (ski pass for one month
and accomodation in a youth hostel...).

Thanks,
DG

What's great about off slope entertainment at Whistler? I liked
Whistler, but didn't think the nightlife amounted to much. It's
mostly 5 star hotels and restaurants, the bars tended to be small.
And anyone going to Whistler should bring plenty of money, it;s one of
the most expensive resorts.

I'd recommend Summit County Colorado. There you have Breckenridge,
Copper, A-Basin, nearby and Vail is a 45 min ride. These are among
the best you will find anywhere. They have a good bus system,
nightlife and much more reasonable prices for lodging, food, lift
tickets, etc.