Old September 20th 10, 11:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Default blocked post rsam

On 09/20/10 15:53, VtSkier wrote:

On 09/20/2010 06:50 PM, Dick G wrote:
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:26:09 -0400,
wrote:

Check this out.

A News (NNTP) error occurred: mail: RCPT
(554 5.7.1
: Relay access denied)

There are hyphens instead of dots. Usenet uses dots. No idea what
moderators.isc.org is, but it's certainly not involved.

Arre you using some sort of non-usenet 'forum' which sucks in usenet and
pretends that it owns it? I set a google alert for myself, and it
showed some dumb 'forum' site I'd never visited/heard of which had
sucked in our posts from 2003 and redated them to the current date.
Shoddy practice to say the least.

This is the message I got when I've tried to post
either by "reply" or "write" a new post.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.
I'm using the Ubuntu version of Thunderbird
as my mail reader.

Thanks in advance.

Never seen this before, have you recently changed/added/upgraded any
software?

Thunderbird has been (automagically) upgraded recently
as have other bits in Ubuntu here and there but nothing
very significant.

Thunderbird/linux has had some quirky updates recently, but I haven't
had any problems like VT describes.

--
Cheers, Bev