Old February 20th 10, 04:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier[_3_]

Default free heel free ski

lal_truckee wrote:
The telemark free ski contest qualifier was today on the Keyhole slopes
here at Alpine Meadows. The guys (and gals) seem to have notched it down
a bit from previous years, but I suspect the old compacted snow has a
bit to do with the conservatism apparent. In the few runs I watched they
were most interested in actually making it down in one piece rather than
hucking off the rocks.

Some snow potential tonight - if it arrives it may help the contest some.

Forecast to snow for the next week but no dump, more of a snow drizzle.
All last week it was spring skiing - old crust warming to mashed
potatoes for some nice off piste action. If the snow arrives it's a
restart on winter.

It was somewhat spectacular the year I was out there
and watched a bit of the action. As I recall, we
preferred to ski than to watch that day. It was a
rather good day as I recall.
..