Old November 30th 14, 02:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jon[_3_]

Default Training polarization (Stephen Seiler)

Agreed--very interesting.

I always wonder how to translate these type of findings into lessons for casual athlete. And in skiing, seems particularly tough--e.g., if I only get a chance to ski hills on a weekend trip, do I really want to spend my time walking up them? (When do I practice my uphill V1 technique, in that case?) What if it's slow conditions and staying at level 1 means not just slow, but ridiculously slow?