Old February 9th 06, 09:28 PM

In article . com,
Mike wrote:

For a beginner to intermediate skier looking for a one day midweek trip
from NYC, which of the above areas are the best?

Midweek might be the only time to go to Hunter -- so long as you start
early in the morning. It's basically a so-so mountain with enormous
crowds; even on a weekday the snow they pump onto it overnight it skis
off a lot faster than you'd expect, though the lift lines are tolerable.

Windham is significantly less crowded weekday, enough to make at least
a small difference weekends. I haven't skiied at Bellayre in years, and
I know they did a bunch of work on it, but when I did ski there it was
just for the $7 night skiing tickets. If you want to learn to point 'em
and slice ice, chasing all the high school racers doing laps is a good
way to do it; the top of Bellayre is steep enough to make it fun even
if you think you know what you're doing already.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon

"We cannot usually in social life pursue a single value or a single moral
aim, untroubled by the need to compromise with others." - H.L.A. Hart