Old February 9th 05, 11:53 PM
Carl_M

(Paul Clifford) wrote in message . com...
We are for the first time flying on Saturday with our own ski boots.
They are inside ski boot bags and I was wondering if airlines allow
you to take them on as your hand baggage. I never normally carry
anything on other than a book and passport, and have not taken the
slightest bit of notice on previous flights.
For what it is worth we are flying with BMIBaby to Geneva. I have
tried to find out direct from them but they weren't overly helpful.
Thanks in advance for any responses.

Last year I flew with BMI (not baby), they said on the phone that
their policy was that "ski boots can not be carried as hand baggage,
nor can they be worn on the aircraft (!)" chances are BMI baby is the
same.

While boots are expensive they are fairly rugged and if they go on a
detour you can hire for the first day. I tend to take what I could
last 24 hours with in the cabin. This would be something like a
couple of sets of thermal bottoms a thermal top, a pair of ski socks
and waterproof trousers. I can ski with that and what I wear
travelling. I would also take fragile items like goggles.