Old July 1st 04, 01:55 AM
Lew Lasher

Default Trapp plans housing development, road across XC trails in Stowe,Vermont

wrote:

I do love the skiing there, and would love to have it outside
my back door for Dec-Mar of every year.

Hundred thousand bucks, and you've got yourself a piece of it. The back door,
and the house onto which to attach the back door, cost extra.

Meanwhile, I sent in a Letter-to-the-Editor to the Stowe Reporter newspaper.
Their Web-based letter-submission page was not working particularly well, so it
remains to be seen whether they ever received my letter, let alone published
it. I'll find out tomorrow if it's fit to print. I did tone it down a bit -
"nasty greedy lout" didn't test well - and I am grateful to the readers of
rec.skiing.nordic for helping me refine my thoughts.

Lew Lasher
Cambridge, Massachusetts and Stowe, Vermont