Old August 19th 16, 06:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Mountain High threatened by wildfire

On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 8:44:40 AM UTC-7, Richard Henry wrote:
On Thursday, August 18, 2016 at 6:48:30 PM UTC-7, The Real Bev wrote:
On 08/18/2016 03:48 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
On Thursday, August 18, 2016 at 3:33:30 PM UTC-7, Richard Henry wrote:
Mt High's page on the fire

http://www.mthigh.com/site/connect/b...ire/index.html

They also posted pictures of the day for last Monday --

http://www.mthigh.com/site/mountain/...815/index.html

Which we hope are not soon renamed "Before".

Of course. If MH becomes inoperative the GOOD places will be doubly
crowded with rude incompetents.

--
Cheers, Bev
Linux: The penguin is mightier than the sword

MH has had the advantage of being the easiest to get to in So Cal - less than 20 miles off 15, on roads rarely closed for snow. I'm thinking that a lot of its customers are not likely to be willing to "enjoy" an hour with chains on to get to Big Bear.

The TV coverage yesterday showed aerial shots of fire front burning into the piney woods just off the Wrightwood populated streets. I haven't found any map yet that shows it that close - maybe they will release one today.

Just by curious coincidence, the current google maps aerial photo of the 138/2 intersection was taken on a day when there was a dusting of snow on the ground, and traffic backed up from Wrightwood down the hill to about a half mile below the intersection.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wr...333884!5m1!1e4