Old November 9th 03, 11:52 PM
Mark Eastman

Default Recommendations for western XC lodge?

I forgot to mention that Lone Mountain Ranch is in Montana........also that
they have over 60km of wonderfully groomed trails.

Mark
"Mark Eastman" wrote in message
k.net...
One place that comes to mind is Lone Mountain Ranch located near the Big

Sky
ski area...but separate from it. I was there a few times back in the late
1980's and early 90's ..........you can ski right out the

door....excellent
food......upscale gourmet kind of place. I am not sure about the

snowpack.
It usually is good, but has become variable....like most places in the

last
few winters. I have read some long range predictions that the Northern
Rockies will have a snowy cold winter. You can find their web site on
"Google".

Mark

"Bob Whitefield" wrote in message
om...
My wife and I are looking for a new lodge to visit, preferably in the
western states. This is what my wife wants:

- Not a big crowded downhill place. Quaint is good.
- Plenty of not-too-challenging, groomed XC trails.
- Ski out the door, or at least no driving required to trails.
- Scenic mountains.
- Really good food.
- Dogsledding, hot tub, sauna all big plusses.

We really like the Franconia Inn in NH, also the Gunflint Lodge in MN
was fun, but we'd like to try something different. Suggestions?

Thanks!
Bob