Old August 23rd 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
GoHabsGo

Default Morrow Lithium too Stiff?

"lonerider" wrote in
oups.com:

GoHabsGo wrote:
Hi all,

I have been boarding for one complete season and wondering is the
Lithium known to be a stiff board? I am 5'11" & 175lbs and do mostly
trails but try to jump once and a while and can do a tail grab. The
Pipe still is a little intimidating so far. I can barely flex the
thing. What are some recommended boards for more flexibility? Sales
are on now, I just bought some Flow Amp 5 bindings for cheap. May
need a new board down the road too!

Thanks.

I don't usually patrol the groups during the summer that much. From
what I read the Lithium is a medium-level freestyle board. Depending
on the model year, I've read comments that it is too flexy to it being
"a little stiff" which in my mind means it's a little soft because
most people have never ever even ridden a truly stiff board. What
length are you riding? I would guess a 158-161, I don't recommend
anything shorter than that (shorter versions of the same model are
softer than the longer versions). Why do you want more flex to your
board? As you become more experienced, you will learn how do focus
more of you weight and leverage onto the board and flex it more. If
you are looking for a new board, here are some of my suggestions.

I think mine is a 161 or 163, can't remember off hand. I do ride mostly
the local hill which is 99% of the time, man made groomed trails often of
the very hard packed variety. I would also like to progress a little
more and get on the half-pipe. I think a bit more flex would help me in
this regard. Yes/No?

Personally like Salomon boards (Definiton, Prospect), but they are
stiffer boards and so you wouldn't like them. I'm not a big fan of the
Burton Custom myself, too noodley and flexy for me, but you might like
it. Ride Timeless is another board I like. Here are some boards you've
probably never heard of - they don't go on sale often because they are
premium boards (and usually made in very small stocks).

Madd TwinTip 158 - (http://maddmikes.com/Shop1.html) my favorite board
at the moment. Has an extremely good edge hold without being stiff,
very damp so it will carve through frozen groomers and wet slop all
the same. Has a good pop out of the tail too. Also very light.

Thanks for the recommendations. That Madd board sounds like what I need
or perhaps even the Burton Custom?

Will look around.

Thanks,

Larry