Old August 3rd 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
pigo

Default Should I buy a pass again?

"Yabahoobs" wrote in message
ups.com...
pigo wrote:
I just got the letter from Alta. Since I'm only in SLC part time
now
I wonder if I should bother. I think I only got about 12 days in
last
season. Plus the days I let others use on the pass. I might be
happier without the "pressure" to get those days in. Perhaps 2000+
is
enough? Or course it's only $100 up front, insignificant.

Perplexed in Utah

If you're not in SLC predominatly, seems like a lotta money down
the
tubes just for those few first hours of those few days you're able
make it up there.

I am in SLC. 25 mins. to Alta.

I only go to ski on good powder days. There are a few trips I make
with visitors to slide around with them, but I don't count those as
ski days. Another thing is that the pass is transferable so I can
help friends out with it once and a while.

Second half of those days is just dodging endless
tourists on a tracked up mountain.

I'm glad you think so. The good thing about that pass is that it's
cheaper than 1/2 day even if I go on one of those "tracked up"
afternoons. Not that I agree with you on the tracked up part, but
there is nothing wrong with deep crud either. Remember there are no
snowboards there.

I had to come to grips with the
fact that logic dictates I should not buy a Bird season pass...It
sucks, but it's the right move.

That was never a hard decision for me.