Old January 11th 05, 09:55 PM
Steve Haigh

Abairsty wrote:

Driving down to Avoriaz(from Calais) later in the season.
Any help on suitable places for an over night Hotel stop..approx 4-5 hours from
calais.
Many thanks

I've always done it in one push - have you considered that? Once you get
going on the Autoroutes it's not as bad as you might think, much less
tiring than British motorways I find. Might not work for you, depends on
how far you have to go to get to the port I guess.

Reims is a nice place with plenty of hotels, but it's probably too far
north. Dijon may work though, there should be a good selection there.

Have a look on the michelin map site (www.viamichelin.com I think, it is
*not* www.michelin.com), it's got a really good route planner and will
suggest hotels en route.