Old December 15th 03, 06:52 PM
Rob Bradlee

Default What I (think I) learned about kick waxing this weekend

So, lesson #1: Think about the effects of time, temperature, and
hundreds of feet on that layer of snow over the ice. Lesson #2:
your kick zone is centered under your FOOT, not your BINDING (which
is actually a little forward of your toe).

anyone care to comment?

Lesson 1 sounds good.
Lesson 2 sounds wrong. Perhaps on the pair of skis that you have this
is true, but on most skis the balance point is at the front of the
binding and that's usually the center (thereabouts) of the wax pocket.
A more likely explanation might be that the wax was not thick enough
for the conditions. Or you had the wrong temperature range for the
wax.

Rob Bradlee