Old March 24th 09, 12:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ian Blake[_4_]

Default Why only ski Europe?

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 13:00:34 -0000, "MoonMan"
wrote:

Dymphna wrote:
The Alps are small compared to the Rockies.

But the resorts are so much smaller in the rockies! I'm just back from "the
biggest resort in the Rockies", Lake Louise and it has 10 lifts, how many
lifts has Tigne for example got?

Tignes lifts from memory

TK1 Claret (free)
TSD8 Bollin (free)/Fresse
TSD8 Tichot
TF3 Col Des Ves
TK1 Col Du Palet
TSD8 Grattalu
TSD8 Merles
TF4 Grand Huit
TF4 Aiguille Percee
TF3 Marais
TF4 Aiguille Rouge
TF2 Boisse (Replacement TC8 planned for 2006 but power cables still in the way)
TF4 Brevierre
TC6 Sache
TK1 Pitots (free)
TSD8 Chaudannes
TK1 Almes
TF4 Rosset (free)
2TK1 Lavachet(free)
TSD8 Palafour
TK1 Chardonnet
Funicular Grande Motte
TSD4 Lanches
TSD4 Vanoise
TF4 Liesse
TPH GrandeMotte
TK1 Combe Folle
TC8 Aeroski
TSD8 Paquis
TSD8 Tufs
TSD8 Tommeuses

31 I think. I have not included lifts used only for Summer ski nor baby lifts
nor magic carpets.
From top of TPH Grand Motte to bottom of Funicular about 4400ft drop.

Key
TSDn decoupling chair lift with n seats (fast moving, slow loading)
TFn fixed chair lift with n seats

And you do realise that you can ski freely between Tignes and Val d'Isere that
has its own set of lifts. 8 Day ski pass cost me 237 euros last week to update
my Pass Tignes. Cost my brother around 250 euros for new pass.
Time from Tignes Val Claret to centre of Val D'Isere less than half an hour.
(UpTufs, down Creux branch on to Edelwiess, up Marmottes Express, down Face)
From Val D'Isere centre about the same (Up L'Olympique, down OK to Folie Douce
then up Tommeuses and down Piste H)

http://www.tignes.net/plan-pistes.html