Old December 10th 08, 09:29 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ian Blake[_4_]

Default Is Ever Going To Stop Snowing?

Next Sunday I will be flying into Turin and taking a bus to SerreChevalier.

The route I assume they will take is up the Autostrada for a while then turn off
through Oulx (some buses go to Sauze D'Oulx), Cessana (ski lifts beside the road
here, but some buses turn up towards San Sicario and Sestrierre). My bus will
go the other direction along the 'Italien Job' road. Through Claviere (ski
lifts and pistes beside the road here). Into France through Montgenevre (ski
lift and pistes on both side of the road here). Into Briancon and onward to
Chantmerle where I get off the bus.

Now there is going to be around 50cm of snow this weekend (mostly on Sunday).
Will the bus get through or will it end up balanced just like in the film?

Transport aside snow conditions in the Southern Alps are going to be Superb
(provided it stops snowing) next week. Pity I'm not going to Isola2000, I have
always considered it a bit of a risk snow wise but .....