Old October 13th 03, 04:26 PM
NE-skier

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 07:00:05 CST, (Kneale
Brownson) wrote:

"Allen Cochrane" wrote in message news:ZVjgb.510906$cF.181701@rwcrnsc53...
I'm looking for contacts who have continued their skiing following hip
replacement surgery to discuss their experiences and take advantage of any
advice. I have a sister who is 48, will have the surgery within 6 months any
would like to continue to ski after her recuperation. All replies would be
appreciated or email me at the following:

In the archives of EpicSki.com you should be able to find postings by
skiers who have reported their experiences with leg joint
replacements.

Over on Epic, use the search function to search for the words, "hip" &
"replacement". One of these people is a professor of biomechanics at
a major univeristy, is *very* knowledgable in these matters, and a
genuine nice guy.