Old May 31st 11, 02:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default carbon pole repair?

On Mon, 30 May 2011 23:54:17 -0700 (PDT)
" wrote:

It's the Allulites (late '90s) I was really thinking of by heavy and
blisters, though I think the $50-70 Rex poles I use for pole hiking
might not be so great at regular lengths and on asphalt. I agree about
flexing, which along with less weight is why I switched from Teams to
Infinitys several years ago. My extra classical poles are in the 155
range (with grips) and skates are ~167-8. I was using Swix grips and
Pro Straps with the Infinitys, so I'd have to check what grips are
still around. This past season I decided that my poles were too short,
so I switched over to the One Way grips, which added a cm or two. Then
I bought two pairs of Diamond 10s on sale - I can see why they're a WC
favorite - and made the Infinitys my rollerski poles.

Gene

Cheap poles flex when DP. Gene, what's your pole length? I may still
get a pair of Alulites though. Did not have a problem with pole
breaking for ~5 years, this particular bike path has a lot of silly
concrete slab joints.