Old March 10th 06, 03:16 PM

"Mary Malmros" wrote in message
news:ulhQf.6
Sloppy sloppy! Care to retract?

No, I'll raise you an accusation of pedantry.

Let's see... Inhaling water v. lack of oxygen until death. So because
I'm smarter than you and I can read I'm pedantic? Better that than
suffering in ignorance and cognitive destitution.

Point being the OP may have been incorrect in his use of the term drown,
but what he really wanted to know was has anybody ever died from it.
Either way you would still be dead, so the answer, whatever it might be,
remains the same. Dead is dead.

And asphyxiation is asphyxiation. If you "inhale water", you will indeed
suffer a lack of oxygen that will lead to death if the situation is not
corrected.

Good point. Drowning is a subset of suffocation. Not all people who
suffocated drowned, but all people who drowned suffocated. It differs
somewhat in the method of application but the cause of death is still lack
of O2 brought on by an excess of H2O in one form ar another. This makes
drowning a lot more similar to suffocation than say, colliding with a lift
tower.