Old August 11th 03, 02:05 AM
Hugh

Default Best places at Thanksgiving

Grand Targhee (http://www.grandtarghee.com/) is often in good shape by
Thanksgiving.
Jackson Hole or Idaho Falls airports are convenient but expensive. If you're
on a budget
fly into Salt Lake City, rent a car and drive the four hours to the ski
hill.

Hugh

"AR" wrote in message
m...
Hi,

I'm new to the States, and am thinking about a thanksgiving ski trip.
Assuming I need to book flights early (from Chicago), where would be
the best place to head?

Is any area or resort more likely to be better than others, this early
in the season?

At present I was considering booking flights to Denver, and accom. in
Winter Park, does this sound reasonable? Or will Winter park be very
busy over a holday weekend, considering its proximity to Denver.

Thanks

AR