Old December 5th 06, 02:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Neil Gendzwill

Default Snowboard FAQ

wrote:

At least boardreviews.com doesn't suppress the negatives, unlike most
snowboarding magazines. Getting straight critical dope is the biggest
advantage of rider reviews.

True. But I'm just saying I don't find it particularly useful as the
good info is lost in the noise of all the people pimping their one and
only ride.

There's a number of other forums just as good or better.

"Just as good" doesn't really matter, since the FAQ needs only one such
link (or none at all, depending on what Dave thinks). As to "better,"
e.g.?

For my taste, bomberonline trumps them all. But there's lots of people
online at tws or burton, and probably a bunch more I can't be bothered
to read.

There do not appear to be specific subforums dedicated to these topics,
but if you search for information on them, you'll find some. E.g.:
http://snowboard.colonies.com/forums/topic/8938/

That thread died a quick death with very little discussion.

Besides, the FAQ already includes the link to www.alpinecarving.com.
Seems to me that this topic, at least, is covered.

I was just making the point that your statement that you can find
threads on any topic you can think of is not true. So if you want to
point to that place as the one true forum, not so much. Best to either
make a list, or leave the links out entirely.

Neil