Old December 26th 10, 09:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
gr[_2_]

Default temporary wax for waxless skis when all stores are closed?

On 12/26/2010 3:18 PM, Meg wrote:
Yes I did post last season, and everyone was very helpful in giving
advice to the skis and bindings I bought. I am back from the store
and did manage to find the Swix F4, luckily.
Did you post here last season? Someone from St. Louis did and we
provided some ideas, e.g.,http://www.a1trails.com/xc_ski/xcclmw.html.

Gene

The downhill wax you mentioned looked like it was hard wax. This would
not work at all in your fishscales. You need a liquid or a paste for
them. Swix F4 is darn near universal and is quite common in the Alpine
and snowboard world also.

For more info on waxing check out Tognar Toolworks at http://tognar.com/
gr