Old March 12th 10, 11:15 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Alex Heney

Default When it's not your time to die

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 13:44:43 +0000, YTC#1
wrote:

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 05:19:24 -0800, TOG@Toil wrote:

On 12 Mar, 12:43, YTC#1 wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 19:53:33 +0000, The Older Gentleman wrote:
Just had a call from an old friend. Like us, she went skiing at
half-term, with her daughter. And she took a tumble and (it turned
out) did her cruciate ligaments in one knee.

Anyway, she was very high up at Les Arcs, and for some reason the
ski-doo blood wagon couldn't get to her, or there wasn't one available
anyway, so she was loaded into the old-fashioned stretcher with one
rescue bod fore and one aft. You know the things.

And off they set. "All you can see is sky," she said "because you're
strapped in."

And then there was a loud *CRACK*. That was one of the handles
breaking off, that was. And off went the stretcher, with nobody
holding it, and her still strapped in.

If only 1 handle broke, what was

a) The guy holding with hand 2 ? (assuming 2 per end) b) The guy at the
other end holding ?

Absolutely no idea. As (I assume, as it rolled rather than slid) they were
traversing at the time (she said the crunch happened on a steep mogul
field), one guy probably just couldn't hold it.

So, lets get this straight, while taking an injured person off the
mountain, the smarty pants rescue bods decided to have some fun in a mogul
field :-)

If it was somewhere they couldn't get a ski-doo to, they probably
didn't have much choice in the matter.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!