Old March 11th 07, 11:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
_Uli

Default Feehill downhill skiing for kids.

Am Sonntag, den 11.03.2007, 15:16 -0800 schrieb Seemac:
Has anyone tried starting their kids with freehill gear (e.g., Garmont
Teledactyl) for downhill skiing rather than standard alpine gear. I would
be interested in views and experiences.

Yes, my nephews. They began, 3 or 4 years old with normal fixed heel
skiing. Then, when they were skiing pretty well, they got tele-equipment
too. Initially only in good conditions (=soft snow, no ice). Because the
parents were more teleskiers (than fixed heelers).

It wasn't a big problem, the kids had fun.

Now, 10 years later, one of them stuck with tele. The other do practice
it only some times. But mostly they use snowboards :-)

Cheers,

Uli