Old October 13th 05, 12:25 AM
Gary Jacobson

wrote in message
oups.com...

Bjorn A. Payne Diaz wrote:
This group has been pretty dead, so I'll fire off a topic.

Okay, I'll bite!

What have I been doing? Cycling baby. Road cycling and one mt bike ride
back in September.
(If you don't train more, get better equipment.)

We've got some similarities here. I got a new pair of classic skis
earlier this summer and am now shopping for a new road bike. Since gas
hit $ 3 per gal, I commute on my old beater bike.

I've actually been rollerskiing pretty regularly, maybe 100K a week. A
couple-three days doing a 30K out & back course I have and at least one
day of either classic or DP stuff.

I should be (but I can't seem to make it) doing some weight work, I do
a bit of stretching a few mornings every week.

- Bob

I've been thinking about a post of the same topic.
Today I joined and went to a gym to try to get some core strength back.
Rollerksied maybe 4x since last season. Down about 1300 km. from average of
years past. Not a single major roller ski climb, and most often I do that
about once a week off season. One time on roller skis I did way too much and
was crippled for a few days. I commute regularly on one of a few classy
randonneur, touring or rough stuff bikes to and from work which is no less
than 45 miles in total. Sometimes it includes a 1500 foot climb on roads and
fire roads. But we just bought a Prius (gave away our Camry with 200K on it)
and it's dark and wet outside these days during bike commuting hours. So
riding will subside. My weight is the same as usual but my upper body isn't
strong. Hoping to get that together.
Numerous injuries as I don't stretch nor do core strength stuff. Just ride
and ride. Wood splitting started a few weeks ago once the temps. dropped
below 90 F.

Middle age skiier lamentations.

Hope to do Birkie if I can get a primo room. (Andrey?) It'll be a ski tour
at best for me. Finishing will be a goal.

Could be worse.

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY