Old April 9th 16, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
PipL

Default Engleberg skiing

On Sat, 09 Apr 2016 14:52:10 +0100, Champ wrote:

On Fri, 08 Apr 2016 17:45:04 +0100, "
wrote:

[Aiguille du Midi]

Frankly, the next time I ski this I am going to ski straight from the
head exit along the VB side and then down the couloir or the face and
over the bergschrund.

Ok, that I'd like to see.

That circus of guided skiers all crawling down the fixed rope is
really annoying.

It is that! I think it just takes one scared person to hold everyone
up.

This is one thing I really want to do (the Vallee Blanche, not holding
people up) but everything I've heard about Chamonix puts me off
stopping there. I suppose I could stay elsewhere and just drive over,
but then organising a guide would be a problem.

--

-Pip