Old September 1st 05, 07:19 PM
VtSkier

Walt wrote:

I have. First day on the new pair of boots, bring along your trusty old
boots just in case.

Ouch! I feel sorry for you. Your old boots might not fit the bindings
anymore. I break in my new boots for at least two days before I use
them on the slopes. I don't know if that was the reason, but my boots
have always been comfortable. At the very least, I would find out
ahead of time whether or not the boots were a good fit so I don't need
to plan on changing.

Getting back to the original subject, some ski areas suggest attaching
the lift tickets to the pants or other "permanent" clothing, and
discourage attaching them to jackets.

A good fitting pair of boots will always have some pressure
points. IMO it is impossible to get a pair of boots
comfortable on the fist go from the shop. Pretty good,
yes, but far from perfect. I've suffered badly from time
to time because I didn't have the sense to bring the old
boots along.

I do have the sense, however, to have at least one pair
of skis set up with rental/demo type bindings so that
changing boots could be easy. I've changed boots for
other reasons than fitting.

I've changed from performance boots in the morning to
randonee boots in the afternoon because I was going to
be walking around quite a lot and the randos fit and
grip the ground better than standard DIN boots, and
will fit into my skis with rental bindings.

VtSkier