Old August 31st 10, 04:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_4_]

Default Rockered (or reverse camber) skis ?

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 08:53:30 -0700, lal_truckee
wrote:

On 8/31/10 3:52 AM, Evojeesus wrote:
CLIP

Skiing powder in the forest is mad fun but nothing
beats the big lines on big mountains. I've seen boarders lose maybe
1500 feet of vertical in about five turns down a steepish glacier. Has
anyone skied Alta in less than 10 turns?-D

I have to ask: WHY!?!?!

Why would anyone want to give up the floating three dimensional dance of
bottomless powder to merely make big turns and go fast? If fast is the
goal bring out DH race skis and ski a prepared course - nothing like
220cm skis at 75mph+ for the feel of speed.

Maybe leave the powder untracked for those who appreciate it?

(I waxed my sloppy old powder Snow Rangers last week as well as my GS
and DH race skis - can never be too prepared. It snowed on the pass
yesterday. I'm ready.)

Amen....its not far off