Old December 7th 04, 11:56 AM
Mary Malmros

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

On 2004-12-07, Mary Malmros penned:

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

Finally, I'm wondering if buying gloves is the answer at all, or if I need
to keep my body warmer somehow so that it doesn't say "sayonara!" to my
extremities. Thing is, if I dress any warmer than I do, I'll be sweating
when I ski or am standing in line, and even with wicking fabrics
throughout, that causes enough wetness to make me cold again. Especially
as sports bras don't do a great job of wicking, anyway.

Because they're cotton. Don't wear a sports bra for skiing, for heaven's
sake, it's not like you're jogging.

Do both your hands and feet get cold easily? Have they ever turned whitish
in conditions that are really too warm for frostbite?

Um, my sports bras aren't cotton. They're a synth material, although the
label's been washed too many times to read clearly.

Seriously, what would you recommend wearing to keep your boobs from flying all
over the place in painful ways while skiing? I can't imagine landing the
tiniest jump without some decent support.

Something decently constructed out of synth materials with NO cotton.
That should be sufficient. The problem is that almost all sports bras
are made with cotton, but there's one or two in the Title 9 catalog that
aren't.

My hands and feet do get cold easily. I don't believe they've ever turned
white. In fact, according to my husband, they don't *feel* abnormally cold to
him. Still, they cause me pain, enough so that I have to make hot cocoa stops
when I'd rather be skiing. Any ideas?

That's the kind of problem that I take to my Chinese herbalist friend,
who's usually got something that helps. I actually have an herbal
formula that he gave me to improve circulation, because my hands and
feet tend to get cold too (although not so much while skiing, more when
I'm not moving).

These are the kind of health issues that a conventional Western
physician doesn't typically want to tackle, so if it is something you
want to resolve, a Chinese herbalist might not be a bad way to go.

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.