Old December 7th 04, 05:35 AM
The Real Bev

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote:

On 2004-12-07, Mary Malmros penned:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

Finally, I'm wondering if buying gloves is the answer at all, or if I need
to keep my body warmer somehow so that it doesn't say "sayonara!" to my
extremities. Thing is, if I dress any warmer than I do, I'll be sweating
when I ski or am standing in line, and even with wicking fabrics
throughout, that causes enough wetness to make me cold again. Especially
as sports bras don't do a great job of wicking, anyway.

Because they're cotton. Don't wear a sports bra for skiing, for heaven's
sake, it's not like you're jogging.

Do both your hands and feet get cold easily? Have they ever turned whitish
in conditions that are really too warm for frostbite?

Um, my sports bras aren't cotton. They're a synth material, although the
label's been washed too many times to read clearly.

Seriously, what would you recommend wearing to keep your boobs from flying all
over the place in painful ways while skiing? I can't imagine landing the
tiniest jump without some decent support.

Duct tape? I was once told by models that they used masking tape to
hang their boobs from their shoulders when appropriate, but that was
before duct tape was discovered.

Worse than skiing is riding on the back of a GoldWing with bad shocks.
At one point I was holding my boobs in my hands to keep them from
bouncing around painfully. The next day I bought a sports bra.

My hands and feet do get cold easily. I don't believe they've ever turned
white.

That's good. When I was smoking my index fingers would shrivel and turn
white and numb for perhaps half an hour if I touched something cold, but
not since I stopped.

In fact, according to my husband, they don't *feel* abnormally cold to
him. Still, they cause me pain, enough so that I have to make hot cocoa stops
when I'd rather be skiing. Any ideas?

Yeah. You're doomed. My 88-YO MIL has been cold all her life (she is
comfy, however, in Palm Springs at noon in the middle of summer), even
when she was young, before the heart trouble kicked in. None of her
stable of doctors has an explanation -- not the neurologist or the vein
man or the cardiologists or the orthopedist or the GP or...

What about heated boots and/or polypropylene glove/sock liners?

--
Cheers,
Bev