Old February 28th 06, 01:25 PM

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 00:21:02 GMT, lal_truckee
wrote:

Europe: skiing off piste is your problem.

Did you mean "out of bounds?" Even Euros ski off piste sometimes.

I'd never heard the expression "out of bounds" before I visited a US
mountain. I don't think it really has much meaning in Europe. With
the exception of areas protected for environmental reasons, you can
pretty much go where you want. Of course, you might die there, but
that's your problem.

I was really shocked when on my first visit to the US (Lake Tahoe) I
saw a rope with a notice about whatever bit of the penal code I'd be
breaking if I ducked under it.
--
Champ