Old January 9th 06, 01:01 PM

"Mary Malmros" wrote in message

Hmm, that's about the third different spin I've heard on it. And
kind of surprising, too. I mean, c'mon -- the World Cup mostly
takes place
in Europe, where as near as I can tell the drinking "age" is "tall
enough to see over the bar," and where Bode got (besides his prize
money) his weight in local wine when he won some race last year.
have a hard time believing the FIS is having people blow into
balloons post-race, except if they're looking to decorate the
party venue. I mean, it's _post_ race, and that is...uh...Miller
time.

Cleve finish!

Not exactly original. But I mean, come on -- the reality is that
Europe has a different culture WRT alcohol than the United States.
Even if Bode raced every race ****faced, he wouldn't get pilloried
in Europe because they don't care about people being ****faced like
we do, and he wouldn't get pilloried in the United STates because
people would say, "Who's Bode Miller?"

In other words, a non-story about something that probably never
happened.

You know what's weird? The last time I was in Europe, they were
starting to ask for ID's. I'm not sure what age they were checking
for. I just noticed it.