Old December 13th 04, 10:57 AM
Ace

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:08:22 GMT, Greg Hilton wrote:

I'd suggest time in a really decent shop, like Precision in Val D'Isere
or Footworks in Chamonix, they should be able to look at your feet and
discuss the issues and come up with solutions. 3 of us went for new
boots during opening weekend in Val last year. For one guy they didn't
have the boot for him in his size, so they didn't sell him any boots.

Well yeah, that'd be the 'normal' way I'd do things, but next week
we're off to Canada, starting in Bannf, and it seems pointless to take
my old boots out there, given the exchange rate situation, so I'll be
looking to pretty much pre-determine what I want.

The question isn't so much about fit, but about the pros and cons of
touring boots or similar - I know many guides, including some of the
ones that can ski, use touring/mountaneering boots all the time, but
I'm not sure if it'll ruin my skiing.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)