Old September 5th 03, 02:53 PM
BrritSki

Default Why Is Austria Skiing Dirt Cheap For USA Right Now?

MoonMan wrote:

In , BrritSki typed:

Yes I frequently write letters, admittedly usually to accountant or
IFA. I did though recently have an exchange with a certain hire-car
co with lots of claim and counter-claim that was exactly as I
described above. I won 2 refunds - not because of my logic (which was
impeccable) but because I ground them down

Cor do you mean you got back twice what you paid, or did they get you on two
occasions?

The problem was that I'd booked online, then called a few weeks later to
book a ski-rack and asked the guy to check the quote as I've often found
special deals that way and I did indeed get a much better one. When the
bill came it was for more or less the original quote plus the rack, so I
complained but they said that the phone quote didn't include things that
are part of my std. #1 Club (there's a clue as to who it was) settings.
I said that I'd asked for a comparison to an existing quote that
included these items and expressed surprise at the low quote but was
never told that there were extras.

We argued back and forth for a while during which I mentioned some poor
service at Nice airport for which I got an apology and a refund voucher
(I'd never have complained about it normally, I'm not a serial whiner
and eventually they gave me a voucher as a gesture of goodwill. The 2
refunds almost added up to the difference, so it was worth persevering,
especially as normally I get excellent service from them.