Old September 5th 03, 12:30 PM
BrritSki

Default Why Is Austria Skiing Dirt Cheap For USA Right Now?

MoonMan wrote:

In , BrritSki typed:
MoonMan wrote:
That is also true, but two wrongs do not make a right.

but three lefts make a right.

I expect you're one of those annoying people on carving skis who would
rather do a 270 turn than a 90 ?

in line comments are the most logical IMO, and I tend to delete everything
after my last comment, this has the effect of bottom posting.

Exactly, and if there's only 1 point you want to make and/or the
original was so short and generalised that there's nothing worth
snipping what do you get ? If there's nothing in the original that is
relevant, why are you replying to it ? Seems to me we're arguing the
same thing.

Bottom posting is the historical standard, it is logically indefensible,

Several people have already done it, as have I, arguing that context is
what makes it logical. You've even implied it yourself above !

but as it's the standard it will survive until teenagers take over usenet.

Won't happen, too slow for them. They prfr imdcy o txt n IRC.

If you are writing a letter replying to someone who made several
points and/or asked several questions, surely you start by saying "Re
point/? X: blah blah blah" rather than "blah blah blah (in reply to
your point/? X" ?

writing a letter? are you showing your age? I thought only Bank Managers did
that anymore ;-)

Yes I frequently write letters, admittedly usually to accountant or IFA.
I did though recently have an exchange with a certain hire-car co with
lots of claim and counter-claim that was exactly as I described above. I
won 2 refunds - not because of my logic (which was impeccable) but
because I ground them down

Or to repeat part of what I posted some days ago:
Q Top posters
A What's the most annoying thing on usenet ?

AH but

A Top posters
Q what's the most annoying thing on usenet

is just like a tv quiz show. (can't remember the name)

I know the one you mean, but the point is that it's a twist on real life
and nobody's suggesting that it is a "better" way of dealing with
things, any more than The Weakest Link is reality.

BTW IMO the most annoying thing on usenet is people who respond to rsa's pet
kook .

Which one ?

More importantly, what's the most annoying thing on a mountain?

A snowboarder ?