Old January 4th 05, 09:07 AM
Andrew Lee

"Chris Crawford" wrote:
Hi - I'm replacing a profil binding with a new pilot binding. I've
removed all the old binding except the heel plate which is attached by
a small yellow plug in at the rear of the heel plate. All adhesive has
been pried free so the heel plate is rotating about this plug.

The profil binding is a grey model about 2 years old. The little
yellow plastic plug has a slight flat head screw slot in the top but
I'm pretty sure this is not for unscrewing.

The plug is just pressed in. You can gently pry the plug off by sticking a
sharp tipped knife a bit into the seam and gently prying up on the side of
the plug, working around the button. Be careful not to break your knife tip
though! Use a thin knife. It's just pressed in. If you can't manage that,
stab the tip of a screwdriver through the
"slight flat head screw slot" of the plug and pry it off that way. Once the
plug is off, you'll see the screw underneath.