Old March 6th 10, 01:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Koos van den Hout

Default how fast do you go?

Mike M. Miskulin wrote in :
hey now - any one ever had their speed reliably measured?

Our last snowboarding holiday was in a ski area with a piste which had
speed measurement (Fiss, Austria, the 'Rennstrecke' on the Northern side of
the area). Blue piste, limited area to gain speed, you go between two
points with sensors and you see your speed on a big sign. I went down
in a straight line and made 63.2 km/h.

There are probably more measuring tracks like this one in other areas.

Koos

--
Koos van den Hout, PGP keyid DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263 via keyservers

Visit the site about books with reviews
http://idefix.net/ http://www.virtualbookcase.com/