Old September 11th 16, 03:44 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Default Jay and Burke in trouble?

Richard Henry wrote:
The Blue Angels appearances at the annual air shows at Pt Mugu and
Miramar were always a break in routine - even 20-year men would stop
and watch the maneuvers. In 1978, a couple of years after I got out
of the Navy and while I was working just a mile or so south or
Miramar one of the jets crashed during arrival maneuvers - the pilot
was performing a low-altitude slow roll close to the runway and
misjudged his position. The plane was destroyed in a fireball and
the pilot killed.

The show went on as scheduled the next day.

I was in my yard and there was a fly over of 4
Suspect it was the increased 9-11 security measures.