Old November 16th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Mike

Default Various

"snoig" wrote in message
ups.com...
pigo wrote:
I have friends who have been to the Beaver Creek downhills and they
enjoyed it.

Any one going to Beaver in less than two weeks now?

I hear Kitzbühl is like the US superbowl - very much a scene.

After I posted I remembered I 've actually been to a World Cup. In the late
70s at Stratton, Vermont. I actually took some moving pictures of it. I was
perched right below a knoll, and I would turn on the camera as the crowd
noise ramped. It was dramatic footage of Ingmar Stenmark. If I only could
find it - would make a great Youtube clip. I think it was destroyed though.

That physics book looks a little pricey - sure I (with no background) will
be able to understand it?

Anyone want to ski Mauna Kea, Hawaii this winter? It's one of those buddy
situations (no lifts): one person skis while the other drives the truck back
up the hill. Maybe a west coaster with quick turn around time - the
conditions can be fickle. MK weather report line (808) 935-6268.