Old March 25th 10, 08:03 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

Default Ski Instructor Job advice

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 08:55:13 -0000, "Paul S" PAULatSONIFEXdotCOdotUK
wrote:

"Peter M" wrote in message
Hi maybe the board is not too active at this time of year but I hope you
can help.
My son has just got his BASI 2 and intends to use his Gap year teaching if
possible.
Any advice as to the best way or contacts for this would be appreciated.
Which countries are a no no. France I know but Austria?
Any help in pointing him in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Peter

Hi Peter - I was wondering how your son got on with his quest to become a
ski instructor. Did he have any success?

Forgotten about this old thread, but I'd like to know too. My wife did
her Basi 2 last year as well and has been working for a ski school[1]
in Engelberg since end January. She's been enjoying it tremendously
and has been surprised by the level of involvement from the school,
e.g. this week they organised lessons for their instructors in
snowboarding, x-country and telemarking, as well as a day's heliskiing
(sadly postponed due to weather).

She's been made to feel very much a part of things, not just some
foreign interloper. Then again, this school is trying to aim at the
foreign and private markets, so she's been very much in demand as a
native English speaker and someone with a bit of worldly experience.
Apparently older learners don't always like being taught by 20-y-olds
who haven't a clue what it's like to learn later in life :-}

[1] http://www.prime-engelberg.ch/cms/
--
Ace
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk/