Old March 24th 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Roger Moss[_2_]

Default Pila/Courmayeur

"ParalyticSkiCrazie" wrote in message
On Mar 20, 4:26 pm, Perdita Stevens wrote:
Thanks, Ian and Dick. Will think some more...

"Perdita

My son is instructing for Interski this week in Courmayeur. Please be
aware that they do not do lessons for children under 7 in any of the
resorts including Pila. Also half term weeks will be busy with many
school trips going on those weeks with the company. It is very
difficult to justify a school ski trip as having educational value so
they tend to run in the holidays. My son visited Pila yesterday and he
was surprised at two things, the first being the lack of green runs
and secondly the age of the lifts. But on the plus he says that the
food is wonderful. in WTSS Courmayeur gets a good write up for the
village ambience.

PSC"

No green-graded pistes in Courmayeur either, but it's not too taxing for
most abilities. No complaints either about the steadily improving lift
system, the new (lower) gondola being particularly welcome.

Snow cover when I popped over for a day visit last Tuesday was noticeably
less than it had been a few weeks ago, despite the recent falls on the
French side. Nevertheless it looked as lovely as ever, and offered great
some truly skiing, the only exceptions being slushy lower sections of the
return runs to the top of the new gondola at the end of a sunny afternoon.

For me the only real surpise there (apart from the beauty of it all) was
finding lifts closing at 4.00 - 4.30pm...

RM
www.mountainpassions.com - an Online Magazine with Altitude